Update!

I've decided to expand this blog to include some personal posts.  Not every post will focus on ecothriftiness, but I'll try to keep any new info I learn circulating through this blog.

Monday, February 2, 2009

And so it goes . . .

2009 hasn't been kind to our family or any of our friends.  We have been lucky, so far, to avoid many of the major catastrophes that many of our fellow Americans are dealing with right now.  So I must say that I don't feel I have the right to bitch too much.  Here's just a simple list of things plaguing our family and friends:

Our old house still hasn't sold, and its still bleeding us dry in mortgage payments
My roof starting leaking
Later that week, a large chunk of it that wasn't leaking blew off
We burst a pipe in the garage
I fell off the couch and sprained my ankle
My son and I have suffered through the annual seasonal cruddiness and colds
Friends' children have been both moderately to severely ill
Family members have developed new health problems
Friends' family members have been hospitalized suddenly
Friends have been unable to find work
Friends have had their hours cut at their jobs
Friends have lost health insurance

Please send kind thoughts, good vibes, or prayers this way.
So, my mind hasn't really been on ecothriftiness.  I hope 2009 turns around a little for us all so that we can refocus on our larger goals.

No comments: