Update!

I've decided to expand this blog to include some personal posts.  Not every post will focus on ecothriftiness, but I'll try to keep any new info I learn circulating through this blog.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Still Styrofoam?

Okay, so I must admit that I love take out.  With an almost 2yo underfoot, it rarely seems like a relaxing and enjoyable experience when we eat out.  Fast food is bad, bad, bad for us, so take out seems like the best answer, right?

Most chain restaurants have a To-Go service now, and most of them even have convenient little parking places right by the door.

So why are so many of the still using styrofoam?  We got Chili's takeout the other night because we were exhausted from a long trip, and no one could even stomach the idea of fast food.  However, our two entrees and two extra sides came in 7 different styrofoam containers!

How can I have my cake and eat it too?  Can I request that they put my food in tupperware I brought from home?  That'd be too weird for even me.  I might write to Chili's and ask if they could start substituting other types of containers.  I encourage you all to do the same.

On a similar note, I was reading my Parents magazine the other day, and they had a great article about kid friendly chain restaurants.  I want to point out, however, that CRACKER BARRELL REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE.  I'm pretty irritated at this as they appear to want to create the "family" atmosphere in their restaurants.  I think I'm gonna write them, too.


No comments: