Update!

I've decided to expand this blog to include some personal posts.  Not every post will focus on ecothriftiness, but I'll try to keep any new info I learn circulating through this blog.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

How to Teach An Old Dog New Tricks

Here is a problem I need help with:

My in-laws refuse to recycle even though they live in a N.C. city that will pick it up by the curb.  My father-in-law purchases and throws away several different newspapers a day.  They drink several beverages from plastic bottles a day.  They filled my recycling bag (the one I keep upstairs that I collect for a couple of days before I take them to the garage to sort) in an afternoon.

How do I convince them that recycling is not only extremely simple for them, but a "must do?"

Anytime I mention it, they sigh and say that they've been meaning to start.  However . . . . 

Please comment with some advice.  Don't worry, they don't have a computer, so they'll never know you wrote in!

No comments: