Update!

I've decided to expand this blog to include some personal posts.  Not every post will focus on ecothriftiness, but I'll try to keep any new info I learn circulating through this blog.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something new I learned today . . .

So, who doesn't love Sesame Street, right?  I mean, Jack is suddenly obsessed with it, and I totally can dig this new obsession.  Way better than the previous obsession with Zoobomafoo -- and the Yo Gabba Gabba phase was starting to wear me down a little.

But, I never thought the damn show would teach me something.  

So, that instrument I gave Jack from my childhood?  The glorious xylophone.  Yes, it is responsible for his first black eye (he dropped in on his head while laying on his back at about 6 months).  I thought he almost broke my toe with that damnable thing the last time we had it out.  But wait, here's the kicker.  Its not a xylophone at all, apparently.

Okay, so apparently a xylophone has wooden chimes, and since ours has metal it is a. . . 
wait for it. . .
a glockenspiel.

I always thought a glockenspiel was a freaking clock.  But, it took a couple of puppets and Randy from American Idol to teach me something new.

Whattya know.  Now I can tell people that Jack got his first black eye by way of glockenspiel.  That sounds cooler anyway.

1 comment:

John Shuck said...

Welcome back! Love the green eco-conscious theme! Thank you!