I spent a good deal of time at Bears & Friends Toy Store this morning looking over different products. Although they are terribly expensive, there are some brands that are earth friendly and safe for our kids.
- They include tips on their website for choosing toys for your child's age and developmental level.
- They state that they meet both the EN71 toy safety standard (European Union) and ASTM International (ASTM) standards.
- They produce everything from playhouses, dolls, baby toys, construction sets, train sets/ auto sets, blocks, etc. There are too many toys to put here, so check out the website.
- Their "Green Concept" is ". . .Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Our manufacturing processes are designed to reduce waste and save energy. We reuse materials, and have introduced innovative methods to recycle paper and other products. . ."
- Their "Policy" states: "Wood free from any preservative chemicals is used to design toys. It is carefully processed, shaped, cut its sharp corners, and carefully assembled under respectable requirements before being coated with non-toxic colors to ascertain that it is not detrimental to children’s health and sanitation. . . "
- Awards: "With high-quality workmanship in all manufacturing processes, Plan Toys has received strings of honorable awards both at the national and international levels including Reddot Design Award and German Design Prize."
- Their Policy includes, "our toys are created with the joining forces of toy designers, educational specialists, and child psychiatrists to ensure that every product is instrumental in enhancing creativity and skill development of the children of all ages."
- Their Social & Environmental Policy: PlanToys® is the first rubberwood toy manufacturer in the world who successfully uses rubberwood from rubber tree that no longer provides latex as the main material to create toys. Meanwhile, paper used in our packaging is also recyclable which absolutely helps reduce a large amount of garbage to the world and simultaneously maintain the ecological balance. We also initiate work-generating scheme for villagers so they can upgrade their standard of living. Besides, we provide an opportunity to the people with disability to work in our company.