Update!

I've decided to expand this blog to include some personal posts.  Not every post will focus on ecothriftiness, but I'll try to keep any new info I learn circulating through this blog.

Monday, July 21, 2008

More about Freecycle!


The following is from the home page:

"Welcome! The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,553 groups with 5,493,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them's good people). Membership is free."

You do have to have a Yahoo Groups account, which is they way I've joined other civic groups.  Its also free!

I saw groups for almost every county in TN, counties in NC, and the larger cities in both states!  I didn't check outside our area, but I can see that they seem to have a group for everyone!

No comments: